We’re so thankful for all that God is doing in and through our worship ministry here at Princeton Pike, and are excited to present the opportunity to partner with you to serve Jesus through the medium of music. We encourage you to read through the Worship Ministry Handbook prior to auditioning.
We’re accepting all auditions via video submissions. If you would like to audition for multiple instruments, or an instrument and vocals, you will need to submit separate videos for each.
Along with musicianship, we are looking for a stage presence that invites the congregation to worship.
Please read through the requirements below before completing the audition sign up form.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Requirements for Audition:
- Must attend Princeton Pike Church of God for a minimum of six month prior to auditioning.
- Must be committed to the Rehearsal and Service schedules.
- Must maintain a humble and teachable attitude.
- Must be willing to learn new ways of doing thing even as we follow standard practices.
- Must be able to receive direction/criticism, even if you don’t agree with the suggestion.
- Must be Trustworthy and team-minded.
- Must be able to sing and play with click track. (Metronome)
- Must own In-Ear Headphones for use with Monitor System. (Recommendations can be provide)
- We currently provide worship for services on Sundays and some Wednesday nights
- For vocalists, our praise team is comprised of eight vocalists serving every week with two subs per section.
- For Instrumentalists, the number of services you play per week depends on the number of qualified players on a given instrument.
- There are also times during the year when we have extra meetings such as: revivals, worship nights, special guest services, and Easter and Christmas Productions where our services are required.
- The time requirement for worship team members is approximately 6 hours per week when they are scheduled for the weekly services. (This time frame does not include personal practice time.)
- Included in the time requirements:
- Vocal Rehearsals on Wednesday nights (7:00pm-8:30pm) & Bi-Weekly on Sundays (6:00pm-8:00pm)
- Band Rehearsals on Thursday nights (7:00pm-9:00pm)
- Sunday Morning Services (7:30am-12:30pm – Band // 8:00am-12:30p – Vocals)
PHASES OF AUDITIONING
Phase 1 – Video Audition
- The first phase of auditions is to submit a video recording of yourself singing or playing the required pieces using the click/track version.
- Please start your video by telling us how much experience you have with a worship team or as a soloist.
- Videos should be uploaded to YouTube.
- Please provide your video link in the form below.
- Videos from live worship are also acceptable if you are clearly heard and seen.
Phase 2 – Live Audition
- Live Auditions will be invitation only.
- We will email those who we would like to see audition live.
- Live auditions are typically held on evenings.
PREPARING YOUR AUDITION
What to Prepare:
Here is what we are looking for in each audition video. Please click your instrument/vocal of choice to see links to videos and/or instructions. Please remember to submit a different video for each instrument or vocal in order to be considered.
Video Submission Instructions:
- We have provided Click and Loop tracks for each song above, please use these to sing/play along with in your audition video
- Please submit video via YouTube (iPhone/Computer quality is okay)
- Under privacy settings, select “UNLISTED” and title with “(Your Name, Category, PPCOG Worship Audition)
- Copy and paste the link to your video audition application form
The worship vocalist’s primary function is to provide vocal harmony with the worship leader and other worship vocalists. They also model worship for the congregation by maintaining an attitude of worship while singing with the team.
How to audition:
- Fill out the Audition Application at the bottom of page.
- All auditions are submitted videos via YouTube.
- Please demonstrate both lead and harmonies.
- Using the songs below for male/female vocalist, submit the following 3 videos singing with the click/loop.
- One Fast Song singing Lead
- One Solo Song singing Lead
- Harmony song singing with Lead in track
Harmony Song for Male & Female Vocalist:
- “Greater Than All” – Key of D (Download Files)
Male Vocalist Song Selections:
- “Great Are You Lord” – Key of D (Download Files)
- “Greater Things” – Key of B (Download Files)
- “This is Amazing Grace” – Key of G (Download Files)
- “Unstoppable God” – Key of C (Download Files)
Female Vocalist Song Selections:
- “In The River” – Key of C (Download Files)
- “Wake” – Key of G (Download Files)
- “What a Beautiful Name” – Key of Eb (Download Files)
- “Worthy” – Key of Eb (Download Files)
- Able to sing on pitch.
- Hear and sing a harmony part for a given melody.
- Be able to reproduce a harmony part for a given song consistently.
- Be able to control vocal elements such as volume and vibrato in order to blend with the worship leader and other vocalists.